Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 3 of 100 Pushups, 200 Situps and 200 squats

Today I did my day three of the program.

Verdict on 100 pushups: Got to 34 on my maximum. Their recommendation was at least 28. So I got 21.43% more than the recommended max. Didn't quite reach the goal to get 40% more than the recommended max (which would have been 39).

Verdict for situps: Got to 38 situps. Their recommendation was at least 15. I got slightly more than two and a half times than their recommended max. Goal achieved.

Verdict for squats: Got to 45 squats. Their recommendation was at least 18. Goal achieved.

What to learn from the failure to achieve my pushups goal was it might have been an unattainable goal. But I'll try again for 40% more than the recommendation on the next workout on Monday. And possibly apply that to the sit ups and squats goal as well.

So while I achieved the goal for both situps and squats I was burning up in doing so. But that can sometimes be good. You just have to remember that the guy who invented the saying "No pain, no gain" is dead. Fitness should be fun not painful.

For next week then instead of multiplying the recommendation by 2.5, I'll multiply it by 2.6. Add an additional 10 percentage points as opposed to the over 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment